Saturday 13 June 2020

Jada

Textile portrait of Jada.


Preliminary watercolour sketch of my next pet picture.
Recently departed at an advanced age, Jada was one of my sister's much loved canine companions for many years.I am going to attempt a textile portrait of her.
I am quite intrigued by the idea of felted crochet- not sure if it will work, but I might give it a go.
Or, use similar method I used for Pieter Boel's dog, crochet and embroidery on a hessian support. We shall see.











Finished picture prior to felting- somewhat risky, but never mind. Life on the edge!


It didn't emerge quite as I'd intended- the white yarn was not feltable! Never mind.






This fascination with animals is nothing new. A friend recently reunited me with one of my etchings from art school days, in the early 1980s.


Not sure why I made this image, probably lifted from a photograph on the sporting pages of a newspaper. In those days dogs still ran at Haringay. Now its a B and Q.
 I do have four fiercely competitive sisters, though? Just sayin'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home