Sunday 26 April 2020

And for my next trick..

I am going to attempt a textile picture of a cat, now.
Pusskin was a cat my family had when we lived on an RAF camp in Wiltshire. My eldest sister was an Art Student at Winchester School of Art, and this is an example of her work from around that time.


As you can see, she is very talented. No pressure.
 I decided to do a stylised interpretation, working in  a circle. First, I sewed a piece of hessian over a metal hoop I had.From an old lampshade, I think. I sketched the shapes using a magic marker.I used a combination of crochet and embroidery stitches.

                                               















Thanks Kathy, for keeping the memory alive!(If not the cat..)


This is the view from the back.Looks like a planet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home