Tuesday 24 March 2020

Keeping busy

Not  able to do my usual things like teaching crochet at local community hub, ASKI. An ongoing project for me right now are baby blankets, destined for new mums at our local refugee centre .

With a 4mm hook, oddments of coloured acrylic, good old granny squares, I make 35 and arrange in a 5 x 7 grid, joining with a 100g ball of a base colour, using the Join As You Go method.
A fun opportunity to experiment with colour and design. Here are some examples.
I break the task down into, working the squares themselves, sewing all ends in, until I have enough. Then I lay them out on the floor and starting at the top right hand corner,I work them together using the JAYG method.
I love a project where there is no 'right' or 'wrong.' It supports my personal theory that if you put time and effort into something, chances are it will come out pleasing.
Think I will hold on to them until Christmas 2020- hopefully things will be safer then.


















One Happy Customer

I adapted a circle in a square pattern so it could be joined as you go. Here's the result:


And another one

October 2021









A new  design, made using hairpin crochet strips,woven together.I edged it with 10 rounds of dc (sc in US.)






Some of the refugees, both male and female, know how to crochet already, and are very grateful to be given yarn and hooks. The examples below were made by an Albanian woman called Mimoza. Stunning!




1 Comments:

At 1 April 2020 at 04:29 , Blogger Quin said...

They look lovely, Josabod - you are very prolific and I'm sure the recipients will be grateful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home