Sunday 5 April 2020

Using time at home to finish projects

Like so many crafters, I have tons of projects lying around in bags, at various stages of completion.
Now seems like a good time to finish some of them.I once downloaded 15 ways to be creative, and one of them was, 'finish something.'
First on the list, a prototype for rugby shirt for a toddler. Debbie Bliss has a lovely knitted one in one of her Baby and Toddler knit books, but to design this, I bought a cloth version from a charity shop and used it as the basis for a pattern. I made the body in the round, but I think doing a front and a back might work better. When you knit or crochet, you are basically just creating your own fabric, so to use existing garments and paper sewing patterns as templates is a really useful design technique.
It's not that complicated. People might enjoy making miniature versions of what their husbands/partners wear. Or themselves. Women play rugby too, don't they?
Pattern still at the testing stage.
Feel incredibly virtuous having got this far!

My Great-Nephew, Quin, was kind enough to model the Rugby shirt for me!



Below, another one, this time for Sidney.


And Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home