Wednesday 25 August 2021

Vintage Peacock Filet Crochet Curtain

 Finally completed this filet project, from a vintage booklet full of lovely patterns called 'Star Crochet.'

I wish I could give credit where it is due, but like so many old patterns, the designer is anonymous.

Now and then I like to challenge myself by following a pattern which demands a lot of concentration/time. It becomes slightly addictive,I find.

I thought the smallest room in the house could use a little crochet love. I used a size 1 crochet hook,( at least, it is an old steel hook with '1' on it and very tiny) and a fine crochet cotton, not sure of the exact weight, finished article measured approx. 54cm  x 64cm.


I went wrong a couple of times, too many or two few stitches on a row, that sort of thing.But you wouldn't know unless I told you, would you?I washed it and blocked it once it was finished.


I attach diagram in case anyone would like to have a go.The original used 3 balls Coats Mercer crochet cotton No. 60,20g. Steel crochet hook 0.75(No.5).Tension 6sps and 6rows to 1".Finished measurement 14"x 20.5".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home