Saturday 2 November 2013

Aran Cardigan completed

I finally completed this commission for a graphic designer.It was such fun to do, I relied a lot on the book 'Knits Men want' by Bruce Weinstein in working out the basic pattern.I cross referenced to some other aran cardigan designs I had.
At a certain point practical considerations dictate how a design should progress, and solving these mini- dilemmas involves putting into practice the old adage of 'form follows function.'
I hope I got the balance right, I wanted it to look quite 'busy' but in an ironic way?
I hope to get a pattern written graded in 3 sizes later on,for publication in a magazine and /or Ravelry.

As there was some wool left over,I offered to make a hat.I used the aran wool double to produce a chunky yarn that would be quick to knit.
I named it the Keswick hat after one of our holiday destinations.I imagine it gets pretty cold in Lakeland this time of year.It is in my Ravelry Pattern Store for free. My username is 'josabod.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home